Friday 5 December 2008

ALONE IN A CROWD - SELF TITLED EP, MINT GREEN


Contrast Records re-released this classic a few years back. Obviously I had to have one even though I already had the og Flux press, I was interested to see how this would compare and another plus was the fact it came on colour. AIAC was basically Jules (Side By Side) progression band that has stood the test of time and whose anthem "is anybody there" covered by a ton of bands. Infact circa 2004 in the UK there must have been at least 4 bands covering this song at the same time! And I remember one gig when two bands covered the song in their sets!!!! Great record with possibly one of the most charismatic front men to grace the hardcore scene. This reissue has been done well and the vinyl looks great. Luckily I was one of the 170 to get the 1st press variant although there is a rarer green, light green, clear green swirl variant of 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this record!! Lyrics are kinda corny and it's no Side By Side, but who cares, this shit rules. "When Tigers Fight" is SUCH a rager, plus when you play it at 33 it turns into a sick dirgecore jam. LOVE IT.

I only have the reissue 7" of this.. Still need to grab the CD reissue for the live set, but I'm waiting until I see it for like 3 quid.

Lins87 said...

This shit rulesssssssss. Not sure about 33rpm tho hahaha.

To be honest just youtube the live set.