Thursday 21 August 2008

5:25 August fifth, 1962



Well this ep proved to be a major find for myself. I actually stumbled upon a collection that had been sold to a local record store here in Newcastle. My initial reaction was that I probably had everything that had been sold but to my surprise I found a number of gems including this ep amongst it. After ciphering through what I wanted I hesitantly approached the store dude to ask how much he wanted for this. I knew how rare and valuable this press was but wasn't prepared for his answer. "£3" he said, "£3" I replied, "yes" he said.........trying to keep my cool and excitement levels to the minimum I said "ok". Having checked on Ebay I think I've pretty much made a 300% profit on this if I ever wanted to sell. I still can't believe how lucky I was to snag it. Anyway the songs are great, the cover is suprisingly polished and professional for an early 80s release and the vinyl is an awesome clear purple. I even got a sticker with it to! This version had a pressing run of only 500 copies which explains why it goes for more $ than the earlier press on ebay.

No comments: