Monday 20 October 2008

UNIT PRIDE - THEN AND NOW EP, CLEAR YELLOW


Highly underated late 80s youth crew band fron Berkley California. Featuring Eric Ozenne of Redemption 87 and Nerve Agents fame. I will testify that I also think that Chain Of Strength hijacked the start of Making A Difference and put it to their True Till Death tune. Seriously I defy anyone to tell me otherwise!!! Anyway 50 copies of this record came with a limited edition cover (commonly refered to as the "Calvin And Hobbes" cover or the "Jason Bush Can Suck It!" cover), hand-numbered on the back of the record cover and on the B-side label of the record. Regular copies are also hand-numbered on the inner dust sleeve (mine is 339 numbered out of 1,000) but I don't know if the two different numbering systems overlap or if they are independent of one another. There are also regular copies that came with a fold-out, live photo poster of the band in addition to the normal insert but the quantity made is unknown.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Man, I love Unit Pride. Eric Ozenne bands are always top notch...Said Radio was pretty good as well.

mcs said...

First press? I always thought the gold vinyl was the 2nd pressing. First press is the black & white sleeve and black vinyl... although I could never understand why the two records both have different titles. The first press is self-titled, the second is called "Then And Now". Crazy.

Lins87 said...

I guess strictly speaking it is the second press, but since its on a different label with slightly different song orders I listed it as a 1st press on Point Blank! Oh I dunno!!!! hahahaha

Lins87 said...

and..... I've not even heard Said Radio!!!!!