Friday 3 October 2008

MAJORITY OF ONE - ONE MAN EP, PHOTOCOPIED COVER



Majority Of One or MOO as most people like to call them released a couple of decent eps in the late 80's early 90's. I always thought they were underated and offered something a little different to the plethora of youth crew bands around that time. Powerful yet rocky hardcore, great lyrics and a good voice round off this record. As you can see in the pics this variant is not the standard one but came with a photocopied cover which included an explanation as to why. I remember being totally underwhelmed when I got this and thought that the label was a rip off but in hindsight I guess their reason was valid enough. The song Night train rips on this ep, prolly their best song.

4 comments:

mel said...

another great one, got the same pressing as you have.

mcs said...

Somehow I ended up with a the full colour sleeve version of this one, although I think the ink has gone all fucked now. I also got given a test press of the first LP by Alan Woods when I went to his shop in about 1993, as a thanks for being a good customer. I never thought this band was anything other than average really, although for some reason I used to really like the Transcend LP.

Mike said...

I've got the same photocopied cover, but mine is on this redish/maroon colored vinyl.

mel said...

what do the regular covers look like?